April a hot mess, and that's all I'm going to say about that. Time for some refreshed May goals! Tally ho!
MONTHLY MAY GOALS
1. Just make progress on 1 Peter 2. Intentionally spend time with Hans' family (I haven't been so good about this in 2015) 3. Run 2 miles at Dornwood Park (local hiking trails) without dying 4. Read Total Money Makeover 5. Lead a simplicity webinar (I'd love it if you signed up for the free trial run!) 6. Lead a grace and Gospel filled Community Group 7. Curate #allthethings on my blog 8. Send out my monthly email newsletter(you can sign up below!)
DAILY MAY GOALS
1. Spend time with Jesus 2. Bless Hans 3. Tend to my health 4. Comment on 1 other blog 5. Record my wins
#5 is a new one for me, but something I think any of you overachievers reading this will resonate with. I measure my day against the to-do list that I made the night before, and it discourages me when all stuff doesn't get checked off. But sheesh...life happens! The day isn't a total failure if I don't get some social media scheduled but I did spend time talking with our neighbors. I need to keep track of the wins to keep myself from getting stuck in discouragement.
When setting my 2015 Goals, I mistakenly gave myself more than I could handle. Turns out that setting 10 big goals was too much for me, so I used the #GoalRefresh section of my Lara Casey PowerSheets to simplify and scale down to 5 big 2015 goals instead.
1. I will memorize all 105 verses of 1 Peter, because I want to be deeply rooted in God's Word.
"The Word of the LORD remains forever." // 1 Peter 1:25
2. I will love, respect, and submit to Hans and grow in romance and friendship with him, because I want to honor God by honoring Hans and have our marriage to leave a legacy of the Gospel.
"Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct." // 1 Peter 3:1-2
3. I will lose BUST OFF at least 40 pounds of fat, because I want to feel confident in the strong + capable + beautiful body that God has given me, and live a long + healthy life with Hans.
"Live as a people who are free." // I Peter 2:16
4. I will work with Hans to pursue financial responsibility, because our money belongs to God, and we need to be good stewards of it.
"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another." // I Peter 4:10
5. I will make my online life - through rachelnordgren.com and the Influence Network - mean something, because these are the passions + platforms that God has me in, and I want to use them to glorify Him + bless others.
"Show hospitality to one another." // I Peter 4:9
"You are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a people for His own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; for once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy." // I Peter 2:9-10
I can feel this temptation sometimes to just "check out" on a year when it's not going the way I originally planned, and I don't want to do that in 2015. I want to press through the seasons that are hard and continue to tend to the things God has given me. Because, friend, don't you know? He's given us things for a reason, and it's not so we can sit around and bemoan how ill-equipped we are for them. We are ill-equipped. That's why we follow Him.