Oh, Hello There!
I’m Rachel. I help people create simplicity anchored in the Gospel. I’m a wife, future tiny home dweller, and belly laugh lover living smack dab in the middle of the country with a super fluffy sweetheart of a dog named Banjo. My husband and I live with my dad, because my mom unexpectedly went home to glory in July of 2016. We're helping him wade through the grief of this first year without his best friend.
Also? I'm probably drinking coffee right now.
My husband’s name is Hans. Like from Frozen, except he’s nice. To clarify – he’s USA born and raised, his family is just really proud of their Swedish heritage. He follows Jesus, works hard, and loves me fiercely. You can read our love story, experience our wedding, and laugh at our (terrible-at-the-time-but-now-it’s-a-funny-story) first Christmas.
Are you looking for simplicity? I can help!
Sign up for my monthly newsletter to receive a “15 Minutes to a Simpler Life” FREE printable worksheet!
Each month, you’ll also get a “coffee date” video to encourage your heart & make you laugh, a creative scripture or quote wallpaper, simplifying tips I don’t share anywhere else, a FREE printable or worksheet, and exclusive sneak peaks!
You can find my heartbeat for simplicity right here. After that, start with my super-practical Simplified Series, or check out my 7 Decluttering Tips for your Home. Are you looking to uncomplicate your online life? I’ve got some tips on how to simplify Pinterest and quit Facebook.
1. This blog was started in 2013, with absolutely no purpose in mind.
2. I own exactly eight pairs of shoes and two purses.
3. I also own half a dozen coffee mugs and more books than I should…so, you know. Priorities.
4. Lemons are my favorite.
5. When Hans asked to pursue a deeper relationship with me, the first words out of my mouth were: “Banjo and I are a package deal.”
6. One time I taught an Influence Network class in my bathroom.
7. Jesus Christ is my anchor. I love His Word, I love talking with Him, and I love His Church. I love the love He has for people.
8. Hans and I are building a tiny home.
9. I know how to drive a manual transmission.
10. I don’t know how to curl my hair.
11. My heritage includes Italian blood, so I wildly wave my hands/talk loudly. A lot.
12. I have a BA in History, with no desire to be a historian.
13. It was 107 degrees for our (outdoor) wedding. #swampy
14. I hadn’t seen Forrest Gump until I was 21 years old.
15. IKEA makes me irrationally happy.
16. Naming an Essie nail polish is on my bucket list.
17. I have a penpal, and we’ve been writing letters for over 10 years. She was one of my bridesmaids and was in the Peace Corps.
18. Hans is a diehard Downton Abbey fan because of me.
19. Twitter is my favorite form of social media.
20. The last time I roller-skated was 15 years ago, and I dislocated my wrist. I haven’t roller-skated since.
21. Mexican food = comfort food.
22. I always watch movies with the subtitles on.
23. I regularly finish tubes of chapstick without losing them.
24. Our front door is mustard yellow – the color is Jackfruit by Behr.